Our mission is to improve the lives of local residents by preparing them to access training that will help them become productive, responsible members of society. The program is four weeks of rigorous training and testing to prepare men and women for entry into construction trades apprenticeship programs.
The core curriculum consists of:
- Orientation (including drug awareness)
- Industry awareness
- Basic math for tradesmen / blueprint reading
- Tools and materials
- First aid / CPR
- OSHA 10 hr certification training
- Job readiness (dress code, interview skills, exam prep)
- Site visits
Participants will receive instruction from experienced craft persons and professionals that will prepare them for entrance exams and interviews.The Trade-UP basic curriculum will prepare graduates for entry into these programs.
To be eligible for the program, applicants will need:
- A current driver's license or state ID card
- A social security card, or proof of citizenship, or legal immigrant status
- To agree to random drug testing during the training program
- Access to dependable transportation
- A willingness to overcome all obstacles to success
Upon completion of the program participants will have several career path options. They will be recommended to the program of their choice and additional growth opportunities will be available. Trade-UP will continue to follow the progress of graduates for up to a year and offer career assistance.