Our mission is to improve the lives of local residents by preparing them to access training that will help them become productive, responsible members of society. The program is eight weeks of training and hands-on experience to prepare men and women for entry into construction trades apprenticeship programs or the construction industry.
The core curriculum consists of:
- Orientation (including drug awareness)
- Industry awareness
- Basic math for construction / blueprint reading
- Tools and Materials
- First aid / CPR
- OSHA 10 hr certification training
- Job readiness (dress code, interview skills, exam prep)
- Site visits
Participants will receive instruction from experienced craft persons and professionals to prepare them for entrance exams and interviews.The TRADE-UP basic curriculum will prepare graduates for entry into a registered construction trades apprentice program .
To be eligible for the program, applicants will need:
- A current driver's license or state ID card
- Access to dependable transportation
- To agree to random drug testing during the training program
Upon completion of the program, graduates will be recommended to a registered apprenticeship program of their choice.